The Addie Chronicles

The Life and Times of Addison Blythe Hunter

Friday, November 10, 2006

Week 35

Another little paragraph stolen (err, borrowed) from Baby Center, this one concerning the 35th week:

Your baby's getting big. She weighs a tad over 5 pounds and is just over 18 inches long. Because it's so snug in your womb, she isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times she kicks should remain about the same. Her kidneys are fully developed now, and her liver can process some waste products. Most of her basic physical development is now complete — she'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

And baby isn't the only one putting on weight. Ame has, in fact, taken to wearing my t-shirts around the house. I suppose I should just consider it my little contribution to the whole pregnancy thing. She has also asked me to stop putting on the floor things that she may want in the near future; apparently the floor is a lot futher away to a pregnant woman than it is to me.

35 weeks almost doesn't sound like that far along, since we still have a whole month to go, but in a mere two weeks Addie will be officially full term, which is just a scientific way of saying "she's been in there long enough." Ame, however, is having doubts that the baby will ever actually be born, contemplating instead the possibility of being permantently pregnant. Though we haven't had an official discussion on this topic, I can say with relative confidence that this is not a route that either of us really want to take.

I picked up a few more Dr. Seuss books from the library this evening, so Addie should have occassion to dance along to the cadence for the next couple of evenings. I was going to pick up Green Eggs and Ham, but someone got there before me, and I was stuck with three relative unknowns. Still, the rhythm of the books ought to keep her plenty active, or at least as active as she can be in her cozy little home.

I suppose that's all for now. I'm going to stop suggesting that you check back for another belly picture or two, leaving you with this instead: I'll put it up when I put it up. Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home