The Addie Chronicles

The Life and Times of Addison Blythe Hunter

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Photo Gallery, part III

In honor of Addie turning one month old today, we present to you -- as is implied by the title of this post -- pictures.


Addie is in a somewhat frustrating habit of deciding that she's hungry nearly every time we sit down to eat. Perhaps she's thinking, Hey, they're eating. I want to eat too. Or maybe her eating schedule just unfortunately corresponds with ours. Either way, Ame has taken to placing Addie in the sling -- which usually puts her to sleep rather quickly -- in order to have a chance to eat a hot meal every now and then without resorting to the microwave.

This has, however, led to crumbs being dropped on poor Addie's head while Ame eats. To combat this problem, we have developed the following device, whose patent is currently pending:

(Yes, it's a napkin.)


Addie in her bouncy-seat. I'm not sure why she doesn't have a shirt on. I think we just didn't get around to it.



Sleeping Addie. When her tummy hurts, which is typically evidenced by some rather unhappy screaming, I can put her in my arms like this and she calms down almost immediately. I think it has something to do with putting pressure on her stomach that relieves her pain. And when Addie's happy, Mom and Dad are happy too.



And a close-up of that same pose, because she's just so darn cute:



"I'm not so sure about this guy..."



And another cute Addie picture. Don't mind my chin.



Just hanging out in Dad's lap:



Sometimes she's not so great about keeping track of her clothing. I'm beginning to suspect that she has little ejector seats or something on her feet, a la Inspector Gadget.




Life as a parent is becoming increasingly more doable, save for a few "oops" instances. For example, we've been using cloth diapers, but used disposables exclusively when we were in Springfield, for convenience' sake. So, I got into the unfortunate habit of not putting anything on top of the diaper after changing her. When we got back home and went back to the cloth, I maintained my non-diaper-cover diapering. (The diaper cover, for those of you who don't know, is designed to retain the contents of the diaper.)

I, however, was spared the experience of discovering that a diaper cover had not been put on the baby; Ame was generous enough to discover this for me, which she did by noticing (on two separate occasions) that baby's bottom was quite wet. A certain not-too-amused wife of mine let me know that my forgetfulness was less than appreciated, but I got back on track eventually.

Looking through Ame's baby book last night, we discovered that Addie looks incredibly like Ame did at the same age. We'll scan in Ame's baby pictures in the next couple days for comparison. I guess this settles the Look-A-Like Contest.

That's all for now. Happy one month, Addie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home