The Addie Chronicles

The Life and Times of Addison Blythe Hunter

Friday, December 08, 2006

Now that I think of it...

One of the more common ideas about pregnancy is that the husband is sent on countless grocery store trips for things such as pickles and ice cream. I, however, have yet to be sent on such a mission, and doubt that I will be sent on one any time soon. Still, Ame's pregnancy has not been entirely void of food -- shall we say -- issues, a fact that was pointed out to me by Ame herself a couple of days ago. I really only have two examples, and I think I may have already mentioned one of them, but for your reading pleasure (and because I have nothing else to do at the moment):

Before discovering that she was pregnant, Ame was a bit perplexed by the fact that had gotten into the habit of consuming at least one raw carrot each day. Typically, this was done by cutting the carrot into bite-sized pieces and dipping it into salad dressing, but I do believe that on more than one occassion she filled her daily quota a la Bugs Bunny.

Number two was, sadly perhaps, the closest that Ame came to filling the crazy-pregnant-lady-cravings mold. I do not recall exactly when in the pregnancy this happened, but one evening Ame came into the living room with her dessert, a concoction of vanilla ice cream topped with chocolate syrup, peanut butter, and, you guessed it, Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. While I admit that this wasn't completely off the wall, you can't deny that it was a bit odd.


That's all that I've got for now, but I thought you all may enjoy another fun little update. Adios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home